Mitreo del Circo Massimo

Description

When in 1932 a wing of the Palazzo dei Musei di Roma was rebuilt into a warehouse for the Teatro dell'Opera, considerable remnants of a Roman public building were discovered, a part of which was made to a Mithraeum in the second half of the third century.

The sanctuary has been constructed in a number of adjacent rooms.

Comments