In 1989, a Mithraeum with three rooms came to light in Mundelsheim
in Baden-Württemberg, to the south-west of the property of a Roman villa rustica discovered in 1925. The building, the outer dimensions of which are 17.6 x 7.2 m, was in use from the first half of the 2nd century C.E. to the beginning of the 3rd. Two rooms, very likely having served as the antechamber and kitchen, precede a spelaeum, the central aisle of which leads up to a socle that was intended to receive a tauroctonic relief.