On the bottom border an inscription.
According to E. Will, the sculptures are dated to the year 389 A.D.; but according to the Seleucid era the Sidon sculptures are from 188 A.D. Ct. Le Roy Campbell in Berytus XI, 1954, 26 n.t.
de Ridder, 59f No. 47 and PI. XX (see fig. 27).
Mithraeum of Sidon, Sidon, Syria-Coele (Syria) Sidon (Lebanon)
- Current location
Musée du Louvre [AO22256] Paris (France)
- Dimensions H. 79 W. 87 D. cm
- Dating 188
- Material Marble (Parian)
- Canonical URI
- CIMRM 76
- Mithraeum Mithraeum of Sidon
- Monumentum Mithraeum of Sidon
- Monumentum Relief of Tauroctony from Sidon
- Monumentum Lion-headed Aion from Sidon
- Monumentum Mithras carrying the bull
- Monumentum Cautes of Sidon
- Monumentum Cautopates of Sidon
- Monumentum Cautes with an axe
- Monumentum Second Cautes of Sidon holding an axe
- Monumentum Hekate of Sidon
- Monumentum Bronze Venus of Sidon