Constructed by soldiers from the Carnuntum legion at the beginning of the 3rd century AD. Trapeziodal in shape, the southern and eastern sides of the shrine were hollowed out of the rock, with the northern and western sides being built in stone. Four steps lead down into the central aisle of the cella, as the pronaos and couch podiums were all on the same ground level. The taurochtony was carved into the rock face.
Pannonia superior (Pannonia) Fertőrákos (Hungary)
- Latitude and longitude 16.656666,47.741481
- Dating 3rd century
- Discovery date 1866
- Canonical URI
- Monumentum Tauroctony relief of Fertőrákos