The theatre and the vast porticus of L. Cornelius Balbus (procos. Africae 21/0 BC) , at the extreme southern tip of the Campus Martius, were built in celebration of Balbus' victory over the Libyan Garamantes in 19 BC and completed in 13 BC. The theatre is completely concealed beneath the palazzi Caetani and Mattei which front onto the Via Michelangelo Caetani, but the porticus, on the site of the former convent of S. Caterina dei Funari, has been the focus of extensive archaeological investigation since 1981.
- Latitude and longitude 12.47858,41.898252
- Dimensions W. 1200 D. 3150 cm
- Dating 200
- Discovery date 2000
- Canonical URI
- TNMmID 183
- Monumentum Busto de Livia