The New Mithraeum
12 Nov 2023
The full article is reserved for our members.
walled "in una casa vicina alIa porta e nella strada detta delle Forgie (Rue des Frages)" (Symeoni); then walled "in the flight of stairs in the house of Madame Pichon on the Place Saint-Jean, the former hotel of Chevrieres" (Spon); in the 18th cent. transported to Paris, where it was acquired by Caylus; afterwards in the Cabinet des Medailles; finally from 1929 in the Louvre.