The full article is reserved for our members.
This marble plaque, known for several centuries, belonged to a group of Mithraic pieces preserved at Tanzenberg Castle until 1820. It bears a complete inscription of nine lines, dated to 311 C.E. based on the names of the two consuls.
This dedication could be associated with the same Mithraeum as the bronze plaque found at Virunum in 1992. The cult site had been abandoned for