VermaserenMithraeum, discovered by Lanciani in 1885-1886 (Reg. II, Is. VII, 6). Second half of the second cent. A.D.
The Mithraeum was built in a rectangular room on the Western side of the Domus of Apuleius with which it communicates through a corridor. It is, however, uncertain whether already in antiquity the house communicated with the sanctuary. Entering the sanctuary (L. 11.20 Br. 4.95), one finds the usual division of central aisle (Br. 1.70), leading to the dais, and two sloping side-benches (Br. 1.50-1.65 H. 0.75-0.