Mithraic monuments of Hawarte
The Mithraeum of Hauarte or Hawarte, which preserves colourful frescoes, it's the latest know and used.
The City of Darkness unique fresco from the Mithraeum of Hawarte shows the tightest links between the western and eastern worship of Mithras in Roman Syria.
- Dobrochna Zielińska / Polish Archaeology in the Mediterranean, 19 (2010) Hawarte. Project for the reconstruction of the painted decoration of the mithreum
- Michał Gawlikowski (1999) Hawarte Excavations
- Michał Gawlikowski (2001) Le mithraeum de Haouarte (Apamène)
- Michał Gawlikowski (2015) The mithraeum at Hawarte and its paintings
- Michał Gawlikowski / Polish Archaeology in the Mediterranean, 21 (2012) Excavations in Hawarte 2008–2009
- Polish Centre of Mediterranean Archaeology University of Warsaw. Hawarte - Huarte - Hawarti
- Levente Nagy. The Short History of Time in the Mysteries of Mithras: The Order of Chaos, the City of Darkness, and the Iconography of Beginnings
- Richard Lindsay Gordon (2001) Trajets de Mithra en Syrie romaine