Brothers active in Carnuntum
Mithraic monuments of Carnuntum
According to the scarcely detailed design of von Sacken, the lay-out of the temple must have been nearly semi-circular.
The second temple devoted to Mithras in Carnuntum is situated besides a Jupiter's temple.
Mithraeum III found in the west part of Petronell near Hintausried in August 1894 by J. Dell and C. Tragau.
Of this great relief of Mithras slaying the bull only a few segments remain.
Mithras Petrogenitus, born from the rock, from the Mithraeum of Carnuntum III.
On this slab, Gaius Iulius Propinquos indicates that he made a wall of the Mithraeum at his own expense.
Exceptional sculpture of a lion devouring a bull's head founded in 1894 in Carnuntum, Pannonia.
This relief found at Carnuntum represents Mithras slaughtering the bull, without the scorpion, in the sacred cave.
This monument bears an inscription and the representation of Cautes and Cautopates on the sides.
Aelius Nigrinus dedicated this small altar in Carnuntum to the rock from which Mithras was born.
This monument to Mithras and Cautes (or Cautopates) was erected in Carnuntum by the centurion Flavius Verecundus of Savaria.
There is no consensus as to whether the altar of the slave Adiectus from Carnuntum is dedicated to a Mithras genitor of light.
Inscriptions of Carnuntum
- Bricault, Veymers, Amoroso et al. (2021) The Mystery of Mithras. Exploring the heart of a Roman cult
- Attilio Mastrocinque (2017) The Mysteries of Mithras. A different account
- Friederike Harl (2017) Mithras-Relief
- Bricault; Roy (2021) Les cultes de Mithra dans l'Empire Romain
- Epigraphic Database Heidelberg. Altar to Petra Genetrix from Carnuntum in EDH
- Epigraphik-Datenbank Clauss / Slaby. Altar to Petra Genetrix from Carnuntum in EDCS
- Epigraphic Database Heidelberg. Altar of Flavius Verecundus from Carnuntum in EDH
- Epigraphik-Datenbank Clauss / Slaby. Altar of Flavius Verecundus from Carnuntum in EDCS
- Epigraphic Database Heidelberg. Altar of Adiectus from Carnuntum in EDH
- Epigraphik-Datenbank Clauss / Slaby. Altar of Adiectus from Carnuntum in EDCS